Hi there, friends!
For those of you that have followed my blog for a while, you know that I prefer to make my own mixed seasonings. In the past, I have shared my recipes for Homemade Taco Seasoning and Homemade Ranch Dip Mix .
I have several reasons for making my own mixed seasonings…
- they allow me to adjust the different spices to my family’s tastes
- they typically contains a lot less salt than prepacked mixed seasonings
- finally, mixing my own seasonings saves me a lot of money (always important!)
Today, I am sharing my recipe for Cajun Seasoning Mix. This seasoning blend can be used in a myriad of different dishes. It tastes great on fish, poultry, and beef. It can also be used in rice and pasta dishes, and the list goes on and on…
Here’s how I put it together…
Homemade Cajun Seasoning
- 2 1/2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon celery seed
- Whisk all ingredients together in a bowl and store in an air-tight container.