Hi there, friends!
I hope y’all survived the holiday week. Weeks like these always throw me a little off-kilter. It began as an extended weekend and then it seemed like forever before the rest of the week ended.
Yesterday was a very long day for Hubby and I. After working a full eight hours, Hubby came home and we went to visit a family member of his in the hospital. Since we are a little “off the beaten path” and a few hours from family, it was a 6 hour round trip. It was a very nice visit and I loved hearing stories about Hubby as a child from his godfather…memories from those that are treasured and never forgotten. ❤
The kids stayed home together while we were gone and my youngest daughter made brownies for everyone to enjoy. Seeing her brownies on the counter made me remember to share a very yummy brownie recipe with you…
I made these brownies a few weeks ago, and I think I have found my “forever” brownie recipe! For any of you that may be weary of the addition of espresso powder, it does not give the brownies a coffee flavor. It just enhances and brings out the flavor of the chocolate. Yum….
Here’s how I made them…
Ooey, Gooey, Chocolatey Brownies
- 4 ounce package unsweetened baking chocolate squares
- 3/4 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons espresso powder
- 1 cup flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray 9×9 baking pan or dish with cooking spray.
- Melt chocolate squares and butter in microwave for approximately 2 minutes or until butter is melted. Stir mixture until combined.
- Stir in sugar, eggs, vanilla, and espresso powder until well combined.
- Add flour and stir until combined. Pour into greased baking dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until done.