Hi there, friends!
I know the title of the recipe I’m sharing today sounds a little different. Seems like an odd combination, doesn’t it? We mix coconut and oatmeal all the time, but marshmallows too…who does that?
But, why? Well, my freezer and pantry were nearing the “empty” stage and I had to work with what I had. I know that it may seem like a chore, but I actually enjoy the challenge of making something out of an odd mixture of ingredients.
While this combination may sound strange, the result was delicious! Even my marshmallow-haters loved them! They are great for lunchboxes, take-along snacks, or bake sales.
Here’s how I made them…
Coconut-Oatmeal Marshmallow Cookie Bars
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 3 cups quick oats
- 1 cup sweetened, flaked coconut
- 8 ounces (1/2 bag) miniature marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line a 13 x 9 baking pan with parchment paper.
- Cream butter and sugar together, add eggs and almond extract and mix well.
- In separate bowl sift together flour, baking soda, and salt. Add slowly to butter mixture and mix well.
- Slowly fold in oats and coconut into batter.
- Carefully spread 1/2 of mixture into bottom of baking pan. Layer marshmallows on top, then carefully drop and spread remaining batter on top of marshmallow layer.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until knife comes out clean.
- Thoroughly cool before cutting.