Hi there, friends!
It’s blueberry season!! And they’re on sale everywhere!! You know what that means…
I have posted several recipes using blueberries in the past…
As you can deduct from looking at the previous pictures, I love to bake with blueberries! This recipe is no exception.
I absolutely love fruit crisps. It all began in elementary school when I was introduced to Apple Crisp in my school lunch. It was a popular treat that was regularly placed upon our lunch tray. With its warm baked apple slices topped with a crunchy topping, I would always make sure to scrape the tray clean, leaving none of the deliciousness behind. Mmmm….
While my elementary school only served Apple Crisp, I later learned that virtually any fruit can be “crisped.” Of all of the fruits that I love to “crisp”, blueberries are one of my favorite!
Here’s how I made it…
- 18 ounces fresh blueberries, washed
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place blueberries, water, and almond extract into an 8×8 baking dish.
- Stir flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt into a small bowl with the melted butter.
- Sprinkle mixture on top of blueberries.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes, making sure topping is crunchy.
- Serve warm or cooled.