Hi there, friends!
“I’m strong to the finish, cause I eat my spinach…”
I loved watching Popeye as a child and I love spinach! True, it may just be a coincidence, but I choose to give Popeye the credit! 🙂
Cartoons aside, I love spinach and I love dip, so this dip is a win-win!
The “punch” of flavor from the ranch dip mix and the crunchiness of the water chestnuts make this a scrumptious dip. Once you make this dip, you will be searching for any type of “dip-able” food to dip. Of course veggies, toasted bread pieces, and crackers work wonderfully with this dip, but pretzels work too. 😉
Here’s how I made it…
Ranch-y Spinach Dip
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen spinach, thawed, drained, and squeezed dry
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and diced
- 1/4 cup sliced scallions
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons Homemade Ranch Dip Mix or 1 packet ranch dip mix
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- Add all ingredients to bowl and stir thoroughly to mix.
- Refrigerate for several hours before serving.