Hi there, friends!
Whew! That sure is one long title for a very simple cookie! I guess I just wanted to be sure to accurately describe the cookie. 🙂
There were three inspirations for this cookie…
- I wanted something chocolate and quick to prepare √
- I had to use ingredients I already had in the pantry √
- This one is a little different…You know those “chocolate oranges” they have in the candy aisle at Christmas? Well, I had a hankering for one of those in “cookie form.” √
These cookies did not disappoint! Within twenty minutes, I had a quick, chocolate-orange flavored cookie straight from ingredients I had in the pantry.
If you have not tried cake mix cookies, I would definitely recommend them. While they are not a replacement for traditionally made cookies, they are most definitely a better alternative to purchasing pre-packaged cookies.
Here’s how I made them…
Choco-Orange White Chocolate Chip Cake Mix Cookies
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Stir together cake mix, eggs, canola oil, and orange extract until blended. Fold in white chocolate chips.
- Drop by spoon onto baking sheets and bake for 8-10 minutes.