Hi there, friends!! Happy Friday! I hope you all have had a great week!
I wanted to share a great weekend dessert recipe with you today that is great for this time of year. I made this a few weeks ago when my mother-in-law and auntie-in-law came over for “linner.” Yep. That says linner. In our home, linner is that meal that is served between lunch and dinner and takes place of both…just like brunch does with breakfast and dinner. On to the trifle…
I love making trifle! In addition to being quick, easy, inexpensive, and versatile, it looks absolutely decadent. It only takes a few minutes to put together and you can usually find the ingredients in your pantry or refrigerator. As for versatility, the options for ingredients are endless. I typically use some sort of cookie or brownie, pudding, whipped topping, and a cut-up fruit or chopped candy. Again, I say, get creative! 🙂
One final tip! Make sure to take any photos you would like of your trifle before spooning the first serving. The look of decadence quickly disappears once served. 🙂
Here’s how I made it…
Blackberry Almonette Trifle
- 1 package almond flavored cookies
- 1 (6-serving) package instant vanilla pudding, prepared according to package directions
- 1 (24 ounce) container whipped topping, thawed
- 12 ounces of blackberries, washed and dried
- Layer ingredients into trifle dish. Start with the cookies and follow with a layer of pudding, whipped topping, and finally, the berries. Repeat.
Optional: I take a couple of cookies and crush them to sprinkle before the final layer of berries.