Hi there, friends! Happy Monday! I hope you all had a great Easter!
Now that spring is well in swing and summer is soon to follow, I thought that I would share my BBQ sauce recipe with you. This sauce is amazing on ribs, chicken, pork, beef, and anything else you can imagine!
Yes, once you look at the recipe, you will think that you are making a vat of it, but trust me, you will want to have plenty on hand. Plus, it can be kept in the refrigerator indefinitely. The recipe makes 3-4 quarts. You can store it in jars or any type of airtight container. I use a recycled OJ bottle. 😉
Beware! Your kitchen will smell AMAZING while this is simmering!
Here’s how you make it…
Karen's Struttin' Sauce
- 3 cups tomato puree
- 2 1/4 cups apple cider vinegar
- 2 1/4 cups water
- 6 ounce can tomato paste
- 9 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 3 tablespoons corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons liquid smoke (hickory flavored)
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3/4 cup chili powder
- 4 tablespoons celery salt
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 1 tablespoon ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- Whisk all ingredients together in 4 quart or larger pot and simmer for 30 minutes until slightly thickened. Stir frequently while simmering.
- Let cool, then refrigerate.