Hi there friends! I hope you’ve had a great start to your week!
Can you believe that it’s March already? I know that some of you are probably still digging out from snow, but here in southern California, March means the start of…
March is when we start to see strawberries everywhere, and who doesn’t love strawberries? In addition to eating them straight from the container, you can use them in salads, yogurt, cereal, pancakes, muffins, cakes, pies, cookies, and even salsa.
What is your favorite way to eat strawberries? If you’re anything like me, you can’t pick a favorite.
Well, this recipe may not make it any easier for you to pick your fav. However, I do think that this would be a great addition to any spring or summer get together.
It may look a little daunting, but it is so easy to make!
Here’s how I made it…
- 1 box strawberry cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 small boxes instant lemon flavored pudding
- 4 cups nonfat milk
- 1 (16 ounce) container Cool Whip, thawed
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, washed and sliced
- 1 lemon (for zest)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9×13 baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a bowl, stir together cake mix, eggs, and canola oil and spread in baking pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until done. Let cool.
- While cooling, prepare lemon pudding and allow to set.
- Once strawberry “brownies” are cool, cut into squares.
- Layer ingredients in trifle dish, beginning with brownies, then pudding, strawberries, and finally the Cool Whip. Repeat.
- Zest a lemon over the top layer of Cool Whip and top with a strawberry.
- Chill for several hours before serving.
*Note: Enjoy the presentation of the dessert prior to serving because once you remove a portion, it’s not so pretty anymore 🙂