Hi there friends! I hope you’re having a great week!
Things have been hectic around here for the past few weeks since my boys and I started back to school a couple of weeks ago. With my boys in separate schools, my classes, homework and household duties, I don’t know if I’m coming or going sometimes. 🙂
Times like these are when quick and easy dinner ideas come in handy.
Yes, I know that most of you have probably had beans and rice, but have you ever thought about beans and potatoes? If not, I think you should give it a try. It is super-easy, super-cheap and super-yummy!
Here’s how easy it is…
- I make large batches of pinto beans (Food Budget Saver #1) every so often and freeze them in separate 4-cup containers.
- In the morning, I take a container out of the freezer to thaw out.
- About an hour and fifteen minutes before dinner, I wash, prick and wrap my potatoes and place them in a 450 degree oven. (If you have an oven that has a preset function, you could do this earlier as well.)
- During the last few minutes of baking time, I chop the toppings for the beans and potatoes.
- When the potatoes are done baking, just top with beans, desired toppings and serve!