Hi there friends! It’s Taco Tuesday!
This idea for tacos may seem a little odd, but these are great for lunch on a hot summer day. The chicken salad is cool, crunchy and has a nice fresh flavor.
Just serve them with a nice, tall glass of cold iced tea and you’ll be able to face the hot afternoon without feeling “overfull”.
You’ll want to make the chicken salad a few hours before lunch so that it has time to get nice and cold and for the flavors to combine.
Here you go…
Chicken Salad Tacos
- 1 pound chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- 1/2 cup onion, minced
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 2-3 jalapenos, minced
- 1/3 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup almonds, sliced
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 lime, juice of
- 2 tablespoons Homemade Ranch Dip Mix
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon course black pepper
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, onion, celery, jalapenos, cilantro and almonds.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients.
- Pour mayonnaise mixture into chicken mixture and stir to combine.
- Refrigerate for several hours before serving.
- Serve on lightly toasted tortillas.