Hi there friends! I hope you’re having a great summer weekend!
My “recipe” today is for a simple and fun treat that is perfect for the weekend. Everyone in the family can help put them together. 🙂
Depending on your summer climate where you live, you might not have to refrigerate them. Here in the 120 degree desert, we most definitely keep them in the freezer. 🙂 While it will be a little easier to make these during the cooler months here, they sure are a nice addition to our traditional cold treats such as ice cream and popsicles.
Remember, I function on creativity. These could be made with so many different crackers or cookies and fillings. The last time I made them, I used marshmallow cream in the middle and made an “inside-out s’mores” bar. A nice, cool twist on a s’more, right?
Here’s how I made this batch…
Peanut Butter - Graham Chocolate Bars
- chocolate flavored almond bark
- graham crackers (1 full cracker for each bar)
- peanut butter
- popsicle sticks, if desired
- Line baking sheet with waxed or parchment paper.
- Carefully break each graham cracker in half.
- Spread peanut butter on one cracker and place popsicle stick in peanut butter. Top with second cracker and place on baking sheet. Repeat until all crackers are used.
- Place baking sheet in freezer for 15-20 minutes (this makes dipping easier).
- Melt almond bark in microwave according to package directions (I melt 1/2 of desired amount at a time).
- Remove peanut butter filled crackers from freezer and dip in melted almond bark to coat. Return to baking sheet.
- Freeze until solid and store in freezer or fridge until just before ready to serve (during cooler months, they don’t need to be refrigerated).