Hi there friends! I hope you are having a great weekend!
I have a great recipe for a “weekend dinner” for you today. My oldest son and I used this recipe to make Father’s Day dinner for Hubby. It was quick and easy, which worked wonderfully since he had to work and only had his hour break for dinner.
Although it was quick and easy, it was delicious! It ended up tasting like something that would be served in a casual, sit-down restaurant or bar and tavern. Only this time I didn’t have to try to pick it apart and try to recreate it at home because it was my own creation. 🙂
The best part of the meal? Getting to watch my son grill the steak and flatbread to perfection for his Stepdad’s dinner! It makes this Mom very happy! ❤
Here’s what we did…
Flatbread Steak Sandwiches
- 1 pound thin-cut steak
- marinade (click on link for marinade recipe) Marinated Steak Sandwich
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- Marinate steak for at least 4 hours in refrigerator.
- Slice onion and peppers.
- Heat a small amount of olive oil in skillet. Add onion and peppers and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook until tender and onions start to caramelize.
- Grill steak to desired preference, then lightly grill flatbread.
- Top flatbread with steak, onions and peppers, and cheese.
- Serve with green salad, if desired.