Hi there friends!
Try saying that title three times 🙂
Well, we’re back to Monday again and I thought I would share a recipe for a treat that may just make the day a little more bearable. A nice, sweet pick-me-up that is very quick and simple to make.
Yes, half of this treat is marshmallows and butter, but the other half is Multi-Grain Cheerios and pecans, so it can’t be all that bad, can it? Don’t forget, it may just make your Monday a little brighter 🙂
I love to make all kinds of marshmallow treats for several reasons…
- Who doesn’t love marshmallow treats?
- They are very inexpensive to make.
- You can use all kinds of cereals (look for sales…my box of Cheerios was $1.19 with my coupon).
- You can add different flavorings such as extracts (Kool-aid packets may work…I haven’t checked them yet).
- You can add other “mix-ins” such as nuts and dried or fresh fruits.
- AND you don’t have to use the stove or oven, the microwave takes care of all the melting (which is great since our high temp today is supposed to reach 122 degrees!).
Now that I’ve given you a handful of reasons to make them, you may just want to get busy making some of your own. Here’s what you do…
Marshmallow-Pecan Cheerios Treats
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 (16 ounce) bag miniature marshmallows
- 1 teaspoon caramel extract (optional)
- 8 cups Multi-Grain Cheerios
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Spray 9×13 baking pan with cooking spray.
- Melt butter in microwave.
- Stir in marshmallow and coat with butter.
- Melt marshmallows in microwave using 30-second intervals, checking and stirring in between.
- Once marshmallows are completely melted, stir in extract and then cereal and nuts. Mix well.
- Spread in prepared pan and let cool.
- Store covered at room temperature.