Hi there friends!
It’s Tuesday, or as my youngest son would say, it’s Taco Tuesday! 🙂 As you can obviously surmise, we love tacos in our home! Beef tacos, steak tacos, turkey tacos, chicken tacos, pork tacos, fish tacos…soft, hard…any kind of tacos.
Not only can you use all kinds of meats for your tacos, there are endless ways to prepare all these kinds of meats as well. The following recipe is one of the ways that I like to prepare chicken and pork for all kinds of dishes (including tacos) and it is about as simple as it can get…chipotle peppers and a Crock-Pot.
Then, of course, whatever kind of meat you wish to use. This recipe uses chicken, but you could use a pork or beef roast as well.
Although I’m posting this for Taco Tuesday, it can be used for shredded chicken sandwiches, wraps or salads too. Another bonus…it freezes well for busy-day meals.
Here you go…
Chipotle Shredded Chicken
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (7-8 ounce) can chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 cup water (I just use the empty can)
- Place all ingredients in Crock-Pot and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- At the end of cooking time, remove chicken and shred with two forks.
- Remove whole peppers and a small amount of liquid and puree in blender. Return to puree to Crock-Pot and stir well.
- Return shredded chicken to Crock-Pot and stir to mix.
- Cook on low for 30 minutes.