Hi there friends!
We’re into a new week of the summer and I’m sharing a recipe for a cake that is made with two well-known summer fruits. Peaches and blueberries. I absolutely love peaches and Hubby loves blueberries, so this cake combines two of our favorites. Definitely a win-win! 🙂
If you’ve ever looked at the cake recipes that I’ve posted, you’ll notice that I’ve previously posted two upside-down cake recipes. The reason is simple…I LOVE upside-down cakes! Let’s count the ways…
- You can use all kinds of seasonal or canned fruits in them, so they are a great year-round cake.
- You get to use your “artsy” skills to arrange the fruits in the pan.
- The cake batter is a simple, no fail recipe.
- You get the thrill of “upside-downing” your cake after it’s cooled.
- They don’t need frosting.
- And lastly, they are absolutely YUMMY! 🙂
Here’s my recipe. You’ll notice that I switched out the vanilla extract for almond extract. I love how almond tastes with blueberries…I use it in most of my blueberry recipes.
Peach-Blueberry Upside-Down Cake
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1-2 sliced peaches
- approximately 2 handfuls blueberries
- 1 1/3 cups flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 9-inch round cake pan with non-stick spray.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in microwave in small bowl. Stir in brown sugar and water.
- Pour butter-brown sugar mixture into cake pan. Then arrange the peaches and blueberries in the cake pan and set aside.
- Add the remaining ingredients to a mixing bowl and mix with mixer on low until combined, then on medium for one minute.
- Carefully spoon cake batter into the pan with peaches and blueberries.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- When cooled, carefully loosen cake from side of pan. Place cake plate on top of pan and carefully invert cake.