Hi there friends! I know it’s been a couple of weeks, but I’m here sharing a recipe for one of my favorite foods today.
I love corn. I know it’s not one of the first vegetables in line for health benefits, but it certainly is my favorite starchy veggie. Yep. Anything type of corn…corn on the cob, cornbread, corn chowder, popcorn and so on…I think you get the idea. 🙂
While I prefer fresh or frozen corn, I can even tolerate canned corn, which is a good thing since this recipe calls for canned corn. Along with being easy on the budget, this dish is extremely versatile. It’s a quick and easy weeknight side, great holiday dish or awesome potluck dish.
Southwest Corn Casserole
- 1 (16 oz) can of corn, drained
- 1 (16 oz) can of creamed corn (do not drain)
- 1 (16 oz) can of black beans, drained
- 1 package cornbread mix (Betty Crocker or Jiffy works great)
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 3-4 green onions sliced
- 1-2 jalapenos, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups pepper jack cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Stir together all ingredients except shredded cheese and pour into 8×8 baking dish.
- Sprinkle cheese on top and bake for 30 minutes or until set.
- Let stand for a few minutes before serving.