Hi friends! It’s Taco Tuesday!
Instead of sharing a recipe for tacos, I thought I would share a recipe that I tried a few weeks back for Mexican Pink Cake. I’m not a big fan of the sweet breads that are found in a Mexican bakery, but I absolutely LOVE ❤ this cake. It’s like eating a big, thick, yummy sugar cookie!
I’m already thinking of the different flavors and colors that I can add to this cake…I’ll keep you updated.
Here you go…your tacos are asking for dessert…wink, wink…nudge, nudge…
Mexican Pink Cake
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9X9 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Combine sugar, eggs, canola oil and vanilla extract in bowl. Stir until well combined.
- In separate bowl, stir flour, baking powder and salt together.
- Add flour mixture and milk alternately to the sugar mixture and mix until well combined.
- Pour batter into baking dish and bake for 25 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely before frosting.
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons milk
- red food coloring
- ball-shaped sprinkles
- Cream butter until fluffy.
- Add sugar, mix well.
- Mix in vanilla extract and milk, one tablespoon at a time.
- Add red food coloring, starting with 2-3 drops and mix until color is evenly distributed.
- Frost cake and add sprinkles.