Hi there friends! I hope your week is off to a great start!
Today was one of those “out-of-the ordinary” days for me. My boys had a school holiday, my youngest woke up with a “bug”, so he hasn’t been his usual self today, and hubby had the afternoon off, but had to go to work this evening. If that description of my day has you lost, I understand…I feel the same! 🙂
I don’t know about you, but when I have days like today, I love to have some good old-fashioned “comfort food”. The recipe I’m sharing completely fits that order! Seriously, soup always makes us feel good and calms us, right?
This recipe is adapted from a “copy cat” recipe I found on Pinterest for Panera’s famous broccoli cheese soup. I <3LOVE<3 their broccoli cheese soup and I have to admit that this is pretty darn close! And it’s made in the Crock Pot, even better!!
Here you go…
Broccoli Cheese Soup
- 4 cups fresh broccoli, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- approximately 12 baby carrots, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 pound sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Add all ingredients, except half-and-half and cheese to crock-pot. Cook on low 4-6 hours or until vegetables are tender.
- After vegetables are tender, mash with potato masher. Add half-and-half and cheese and heat until warm and cheese is melted, approximately 30-60 minutes.
- If desired, serve with some crusty bread for dipping.