Do you like churros? How about cake? If you said yes to both questions, I have a yummy cake recipe to share with you!
This is a great dessert to finish off a family taco night or as an afternoon snack with a tall glass of milk or some nice, hot coffee.
The recipe was originally for cupcakes, but it works wonderfully for a 9X9 cake…
Cinnamon-y Churro Cake
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 9”X9” cake pan with non-stick spray.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt together in small bowl.
- Cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla and mix until combined. Mix in canola oil. Add ½ of the flour mixture; then ½ of the milk and mix. Repeat with remaining flour mixture and milk and mix until just combined.
- Pour batter into prepared cake pan and bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cream the cream cheese and butter together until combined.
- Add powdered sugar, cinnamon and vanilla and mix until light and fluffy.