It’s Sunday, Sunday, Sunday. Are you ready for football? We’re getting down to the wire here…almost to the end of the season. While my favorite NFL team isn’t going anywhere near a playoff game, I am excited for my Penn State Nittany Lions. ❤ I can’t wait for their bowl game on the 2nd!
The Cheesy Taco Soup I’m sharing today is a great soup to have waiting in the crockpot for halftime. It’s almost like having an order of nachos at the stadium, only in a nice, warm soup that you can eat while sitting in your living room cheering on your favorite team.
All you have to do is spend a few minutes in the morning getting it ready, turn on the crockpot and have an appetite at halftime!
Go Penn State!!
Cheesy Taco Soup
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1/2 (16 ounce) package frozen corn
- 2 (8 ounce) cans El Pato
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons homemade or 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 pound Velvetta, cubed
- optional toppings: jalapenos, cilantro and tortilla chips
- Stir all ingredients together in crockpot.
- Cook on low for 3 hours, stirring about halfway through.
- If desired, serve with jalapenos, cilantro and tortilla chips.
We Are…Penn State!