Hi there friends!
Are you all ready for Christmas? I don’t know about you, but I never feel like I’m completely ready. There always seems to be a last-minute task that needs to be completed.
In honor of “last minute” tasks, the following is a quick and easy recipe just in case you need a last minute goodie for unexpected guests or get-togethers.
This recipe is based on an old recipe I have for Ranger Cookies. I didn’t have all the ingredients I needed, so I began to substitute with what I had on hand . Then I decided that I didn’t want to mess with drop cookies while I was making dinner, so bars it was! 🙂
Hubby and the boys loved them, so I guess my experiment was a success. They would be great as a weeknight dessert as well.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray 8×8 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cream butter and sugar until well blended. Add egg and almond extract and mix until well combined.
- Add flours, baking powder and baking soda and mix well. Mix in oatmeal until well blended. Stir in walnuts.
- Spread batter in baking dish and bake for 30 minutes.
* These would be great served a la mode!