Can you believe that Christmas is almost here? I’m sure for those of you with little ones, you’re very ready for Santa to visit your home already. 🙂
This is a simple “add-in” to flavor-up your everyday pancakes for those sweet little ones during the holiday season when they’re home from school or for any day that you want to do something special for them for breakfast.
Beware, the butterscotch chips really sweeten up these pancakes, but the oatmeal and flaxseed do help to make these “not that bad” on the nutritional scale. You can leave the syrup in the cabinet as well, because they are sweet enough without it.
Believe it or not, my favorite way to make these pancakes is by starting with a store-bought pancake mix that uses just water. My favorite brand is Krusteaz. However, you could work these ingredients into your favorite mix or homemade batter.
Unless your little ones don’t like pancakes or butterscotch, they are going to love these!!
Oatmeal Scotchie Pancakes
- pancake mix (amount called for on package for smallest batch, typically 1 cup)
- oatmeal (same amount as pancake mix)
- 1-2 tablespoons flaxseed
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 ounces (1/2 package) butterscotch chips
- Stir all ingredients together and add water in small amounts until desired consistency is reached. Batter will be thick.
- Cook pancakes over low heat to prevent scorching of the butterscotch chips.
- Serve plain, with syrup or powdered sugar.