Hi there friends!
I’m sharing a recipe today that would work well for a quick lunch during the holiday season. Whether you have family and/or friends visiting for the holidays or need a quick pick-me-up after shopping, this is a great way to refuel yourself without the heaviness of a large meal.
To make your season even brighter, this is very easy on the budget. I just used ingredients that were in the pantry or leftovers from another meal.
There are no exacts in this recipe such as amounts or ingredients. It’s just a place to start. Add flavors and amounts to suit your taste. As I’m always saying…be creative and make it your own!
Chicken Salad Sandwiches
- chicken, cooked and shredded or cubed (I used some extra chicken that I had made in the crock-pot for Alfredo, turkey would be delicious as well)
- onion, chopped
- jalapeno, chopped
- walnuts, chopped
- Italian parsley, chopped
- seasoning salt
- red pepper flakes
- French’s Fried Onions (topping)
- rolls or bread (I used some rolls from the “day old” rack. You could use leftover holiday meal rolls)
- Here’s the hard part 🙂
- Mix all ingredients together and serve on toasted rolls.
- Bask in the simplistic yumminess of your creation!