Hi there friends! Well, the weekend is almost over and then we’re left with only one more weekend before Santa’s arrival.
Although Santa will be here in less than 12 days, I still have some leftover pumpkin left in my freezer. I had purchased a number 10 can of pumpkin awhile back to save money and to be sure I would have plenty of pumpkin on hand for all my pumpkin recipes. It worked great! I divided the pumpkin into 1-cup containers and was able to just pull out and thaw the amount I needed at any given time. Canned pumpkin freezes wonderfully.
Fortunately, all the boys in my house (including the grown one) love anything pumpkin! Plus, I had some white bread (leftover from grilled cheese sandwiches) that I needed to use for something. So, I had some pumpkin and white bread that needed to be used and boys that needed some breakfast in their bellies…Pumpkin Pie French Toast, of course!
It’s as easy to make as regular French Toast, just with a few additional ingredients.
Pumpkin Pie French Toast
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- approximately 8 slices bread
- powdered sugar or syrup, optional
- Preheat nonstick skillet over medium-low heat.
- Whisk all ingredients (except bread) together in a shallow dish/bowl.
- Dip bread in mixture and brown each side in skillet.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar or syrup and serve.