Happy Saturday! I hope you all are enjoying your weekend. Less than two weeks until Christmas!
I’m sharing a recipe today for an awesomely yummy carrot cake that I baked the other day. I haven’t made one in years, but after “taking stock” of my fridge, I realized that I had a “ton” of baby carrots that were left over from Hubby’s birthday party a couple of weeks ago. I didn’t want them to reach the point where I would have to toss them, and I was looking for a dessert to make…so, what better to make with a whole bunch of carrots than a carrot cake? I can’t think of anything, that’s for sure! 🙂
I pulled out the Ninja, grated a bunch of baby carrots and got started baking…
Here’s the recipe I used. You can use all white flour if you choose. I just prefer to use whole wheat flour anytime I can and it works really well in this recipe. You could add nuts and/or raisins as well.
Carrot Cake with Brown Sugar Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 cups grated carrots
- 1 cup canola oil
- 4 eggs
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and grease a 9X13 cake pan.
- Stir dry ingredients together in mixer bowl and then add wet ingredients.
- Combine with mixer until well blended.
- Pour into pan and bake for 45-50 minutes.
- Cool completely.
Now, for the best part…THE FROSTING!!
- 8 ounce “brick” of cream cheese, softened
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/3-1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine all ingredients in mixer bowl and mix on low to start then on medium until desired consistency is reached.
- Frost cake and store in refrigerator.