Hi there friends!
Are you counting down the days until Christmas yet? My youngest son, Joseph, sure is! He makes sure to let me know every morning when he changes the calendar how many days we have left. 🙂 I absolutely love seeing the excitement he has while waiting for the big day. He’s 10, so I know these days are numbered and I’m going to enjoy every second of it!
Something else that makes my little man excited is any dinner that contains meatballs. I’m not exactly sure why, but since he was very small, one of his favorite foods has been meatballs. Yeah, he’s weird, and I know exactly where he gets his weirdness from…. 🙂
These meatball sandwiches are quick, easy, and “Joseph approved”. You can use homemade or store-bought meatballs if you prefer. I prefer homemade because I can control what ingredients go in them and they really don’t take that long to make. I’ll typically make a big batch of them when I have some extra time and freeze the extras to use later.
Here’s a quick rundown of what I use and how I put them together…
Turkey Meatball Sandwiches
- Meatballs, homemade or store bought (amount will vary depending upon the size of your rolls)
- Hoagie rolls (check the day-old rack at your supermarket for great deals)
- Jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce
- Mozzarella cheese
- A few tablespoons of olive oil
- Garlic salt, powder, or granules
- Preheat oven to broil setting. Line baking sheet with parchment paper to aid in clean-up.
- Brush cut rolls with olive oil and sprinkle with garlic salt and broil until lightly toasted.
- Meanwhile, warm meatballs in the spaghetti sauce.
- After rolls are lightly toasted, remove the tops from the pan and set aside.
- Place saucy meatballs on the bottoms of the rolls and shred desired amount of mozzarella on top (your could use slices as well).
- Broil until cheese is melted.
- Serve with extra sauce for dipping, if desired.
For a really quick and easy meal, serve with some pasta salad or a green salad!