Hi there friends! I’m still here…it’s just been a long time since I’ve been able to have some time to post. I hope you had a great Thanksgiving holiday and you aren’t too stressed trying to prepare for the Christmas and New Year’s holidays.
Today, I’m sharing an easy recipe that can be used for a quick, easy weeknight dinner. It could make some yummy appetizers for a holiday party as well. You would probably want to cut the biscuits in half to make your calzones “mini-sized”.
These calzones are quick and easy to assemble and while they’re in the oven, you can toss a green or Caesar salad together to serve alongside. Here is the basic recipe…you can switch out the meat to your taste or add additional spices or chopped veggies of your choice. Experiment and have fun!!
Easy Peasy Calzones
- 2 cups ricotta
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 8 ounces pepperoni, chopped
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 8 refrigerated biscuits, such as Pillsbury
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Parmesan cheese for sprinkling
- warm spaghetti sauce for dipping, optional
- Stir cheeses, pepperoni and oregano together in bowl.
- Roll biscuits for crust.
- Spoon 1/8 of cheese mixture onto each rolled biscuit, fold and crimp to close.
- Lightly brush tops with olive oil and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes on greased baking sheet.
- Let cool for a couple of minutes before serving.