Hi there again! We’re into a new week and it’s finally starting to feel like like fall may be coming here to the desert soon. We were FINALLY able to turn off the AC today and open up for some wonderful outside air! I love when the windows are open. 🙂
Another first for today? I was able to have the oven on without heating up the house! Woohoo! It definitely makes for more comfortable baking and I obviously love ❤ to bake.
The recipe I’m sharing today is great for this time of year. It goes great with some hot apple cider, hot chocolate or coffee, of course. 🙂 It may seem like an overly-simple cake compared to all the fancy-smancy stuff you’ll see everywhere, but it is overly-yummy as well. Sometimes we just want some simple, homey, comfort food. This definitely fits that bill…
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and spray 8×8 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Combine oil, egg, milk, flour, baking powder and salt in large bowl and stir until combined. Spread batter in baking dish.
- Combine brown sugar, flour cinnamon and butter in small bowl and sprinkle over batter.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until done.