Hi there friends! I hope you’re having a great weekend. I’m calling today “Sweet-Tooth Saturday”. I think we all have a sweet-tooth craving from time to time. I know I have them more than I should. Lol. 🙂
I don’t know about you, but my sweet-tooth always seems to call out when I have limited ingredients on hand. Well, I have learned over the years to take a very good look at what I do have left in the pantry and I’ll usually find something to put together….And it usually turns out pretty yummy.
This recipe is a result of one of those sweet-tooth cravings one night after dinner and limited ingredients on hand, but I quickly found a substitution and a couple additions that made it even yummier.
I have always loved Rice Crispy Treats, but I didn’t have any Rice Crispies in my cereal stockpile (they don’t go on sale here very often). I did, however, have plenty of Multi-grain Cheerios in my stockpile…bingo! Those would work…and they’re quite tasty as well.
While I was scanning my pantry shelves, I also found some sliced almonds that were leftover from sundaes I made awhile back and I figured I would throw those in the mix…almonds make everything taste even better, right? 🙂
Almond Cheerios Treats
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 16 oz bag miniature marshmallows
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 8 cups Multi-grain Cheerios
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- Spray 13×9 pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Melt butter in large microwave-safe bowl in microwave at 20 second intervals until melted.
- Stir in marshmallows until coated and microwave at 30 second intervals until melted.
- Once marshmallows are melted, stir in almond extract, cereal and almonds until coated.
- Pour mixture into pan and spread evenly.
- Let cool thoroughly before cutting.