I was so excited yesterday because I had made a jar of pickled jalapenos last week and they were finally ready to eat!
I had a lot of homegrown jalapenos that my mother-in-law had given us and I wanted to be sure to use them before they turned bad. I had previously made stuffed jalapenos and hot pepper relish with some of them and both turned out absolutely yummy!
They were so easy to make…the only difficult part was waiting to try them!
But, yesterday was the day! And the best way to try some new jalapenos? Nachos, no doubt! I had everything I needed to make chicken and black bean nachos. Woohoo!
Here’s how I made the jalapenos…
Homemade Pickled Jalapenos
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 tablespoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic granules
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon spicy oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 10 jalapenos, sliced
- In saucepan, combine all ingredients, except jalapenos.
- Bring to boil, remove from heat and let cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Place jalapeno slices in jar (I used a quart jar to allow for extra room)
- Pour liquid mixture over jalapenos and seal jar tightly.
- Refrigerate for a week before using.
Makes about 1/2 quart.
These jalapenos were so quick and easy to make, not to mention, very inexpensive compared to store-bought. Just be sure to wear gloves for slicing (especially if you’re a contact lens wearer, like me). If you don’t have any gloves (I didn’t), a pair of tongs works as well.Enjoy ❤