I hope you’re taking it easy and enjoying time with friends and family. We had a great time with Hubby’s family earlier this weekend. It was great to be able to spend some time with his mom, sister and her family.
Before we came home, my mother-in-law gave us some great homegrown jalapenos from her garden and some peppered bacon ends that she found a great deal on at the supermarket. After we arrived home and unloaded all our goodies, I realized that I had a lot of jalapenos…I mean A LOT of jalapenos. 🙂
Although we use jalapenos on an almost-daily basis, I was having a difficult time looking at all those yummy jalapenos and not doing anything with them right away. So…I had all those jalapenos just staring at me and some extra time on my hands before I had to prepare dinner. I gave it some thought and what better to make than stuffed jalapenos? I definitely had enough jalapenos and bacon…so, why not?
I had never made them before, so I did a little research to get an idea of where I wanted to start. I started with the cheeses and bacon and went on my own from there. Here’s what I came up with…
- 8 large jalapenos, halved and prepped for stuffing (I scraped the seeds into my “stuffing mix”)
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup cilantro, minced
- 1/4 cup green onion, minced
- 1-2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix all ingredients except jalapenos and panko together in large bowl until well combined.
- Using a spoon, stuff peppers and place on baking sheet. Sprinkle with panko.
- Bake for 15 minutes.