I’m here with a great recipe for a weekend dessert…and it’s CHOCOLATE!! 🍫 If you have any chocoholics in your family, they will love this! I know mine do. When my boys tried it, they promptly deemed themselves the “Chocolate Police” 🚔 and said that they needed to confiscate the rest so that it wouldn’t bring harm to anyone else. Of course, Mom didn’t buy into their scheme, but I have to say that I love the look on their faces when they enjoy something I’ve made.
I used to make this cake quite often, but I hadn’t made it in quite awhile. When I went to the cookbook that I thought the recipe was in, I couldn’t find it…bummer. 😔 After quite sometime searching my many cookbooks (I think I have a problem 🙍) to no avail, I went to Pinterest. Much to my delight, I found what was very close to my old recipe. I found it on A Family Feast at www.afamilyfeast.com/hot–fudge–pudding–cake.
I made the cake and it was delicious! It tasted just like my old recipe. Now, watch, I’ll find my recipe when I least expect or need it! 😜
This can be served with ice cream, whipped cream or just plain, which is how we had it. It’s yummy no matter how you have it!
- 1 1/4 cups sugar divided (3/4 cup and 1/2 cup)
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa (1/4 cup and 1/4 cup)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1/4 cups hot water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a 9 inch baking dish.
- In mixer bowl, combine 3/4 cup sugar, flour, 1/4 cup cocoa, baking powder and salt. Mix in milk, butter and vanilla until mixed well.
- Spread batter evenly in baking dish.
- In a small bowl, stir together remaining sugar, cocoa and brown sugar.
- Pour evenly over batter in baking dish…do not mix into batter.
- Heat water in microwave or on stove until very hot and pour on top of cake mixture. Do not stir.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until middle is almost set.
- Let cool for 15 minutes to allow the sauce on the bottom to thicken*.
Store leftovers (if you have any) in the fridge and reheat in the microwave.