Happy Tuesday everyone. It’s National Chocolate Chip Day! I didn’t know until this morning. I am definitely going to have to find a way to celebrate later today. I’m not going to let this one pass by! 😃
Fabric softener sheets aren’t as exciting as chocolate chips, that’s for sure. However, they are a part of my laundry routine, and I’ve learned that I can really save some “dough” by making them at home. 😉
Hey! Here’s an idea…maybe I can put the “dough” I save toward the chocolate chip project! Maybe muffins or cookies or something else… 🍪
Okay, okay, back to the laundry…ugh. Homemade fabric softener sheets. Awhile back, I shared the recipe for the homemade liquid fabric softener that I use and I love it! But I like to use fabric softener sheets in addition to liquid fabric softener because I have very “icky” (like my technical term?) water and the extra oomph 💪 from fabric softener sheets definitely helps keep my laundry softer.
Take it from this “laundry sniffer”…it smells great too! And no more finding the used dryer sheets everywhere and I mean EVERYWHERE! 😜
I hope you give it a try and love it just as much as I do!
What you need:
- an airtight container (doesn’t have to be expensive…hint, hint…Dollar Tree)
- 4 sponges, cut in half (these can be purchased at Dollar Tree as well)
- 1 cup liquid fabric softener (don’t forget your coupons and watch for sales) 💰
- 2 to 2 1/2 cups water (depends on the “thickness” of your brand of softener)
What you do:
- Easy peasy! Just put the sponges in the container, pour the mixture of liquid softener and water on top and seal.
- When you’re ready to dry a load of laundry, just throw one of the sponges in the dryer like you would a store-bought dryer sheet and go!
Happy laundering! ❤️