Hi there friends! Hope you all have had a great start to your week! It’s Tuesday, “Transformation Tuesday”. 😄
Most of us are transforming things on a regular basis. We take our ingredients and transform them into a yummy dish or baked good. We are “transforming” anytime we cook or bake.
I love transforming, especially with food! Today, in honor of Transformation Tuesday, I have decided to share with you a recipe that comes from something that is usually used for something different.
Cake mix cookies. Most people buy cake mixes to make the obvious…a cake. I buy cake mixes to make quick and easy cookies from time to time. Sometimes a momma has to cheat in the kitchen!😉
I recently shared my Apple Jacks Cookie recipe. This is the exact same recipe, just a different flavor cake mix and a different “toss-in”. The wonderful thing about cake mix cookies is how moist and chewy they stay for days (that’s if you can get them to last that long). 😊
These are a great way to get your little ones involved in your baking as well! Since it’s an easy recipe with hand mixing, they can help out with making some yummy cookies for your family. You can even have their input on different ideas for cake mix flavors and “toss-ins”. My son “created” his own recipe that he uses anytime he has a party at school.
This version would be great during the cold months with a mug of warm homemade hot chocolate! ⛄️❄️⛄️
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups mini marshmallows (I used peppermint flavored that I found on clearance after Christmas)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Mix cake mix, canola oil and eggs in mixing bowl by hand.
- Add marshmallows and stir gently to mix.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto cookie sheets.
- Bake until just done, about 10-12 minutes.
- Cool slightly before removing from cookie sheet.
Makes about 2 dozen cookies. Enjoy! ❤️