One of my favorite things about this time of year is PEACHES! 🍑 I love peaches! 🍑 Fresh peaches, not canned. The great thing about peaches being in season is the price tag. I was able to get three nice, ripe, large yummy peaches for 66 cents at my local supermarket the other day.
There are so many things that we can do with peaches. Of course you can just eat them “as is”, which is my fav. But you can add them to pretty much any type of dessert, such as pies, tarts, cakes, cobblers, ice cream…..and I could go on and on. Today, I’m telling you about the “easy one”…peach crisp.
Fruit crisps are so quick and easy and that’s why they’re great for a busy weeknight dessert. Basically, you just cut your fruit, make your topping and bake. I usually prep it for the oven while I’m waiting for dinner to cook, put it in the oven during dinner and it’s ready right in time for dessert.
You can top it with some whipped cream, ice cream or eat it just as it is. All of the above are yummy!! If you have any left for the next day, consider yourself lucky and snatch it up before anyone else does! 😄
- 4 cups peaches, cut to bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and spray your baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Wash and cut your peaches into bite-sized pieces or slices.
- Add the water to the dish with the peaches.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the melted butter in a small bowl and stir until mixed.
- Sprinkle mixture over the peaches and water.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Serve warm and store leftovers in the fridge.