Got milk? Well, you’re probably going to want a nice, tall glass of ice cold moo juice if you have some of these yummy cookies.
If you ask my family, they will tell you that one of the best homemade cookies is a peanut butter cookie. I will tell you that I definitely have to agree.
Maybe it has to do with the fact that peanut butter is my “one food”. You know, when people ask you if you were stranded on a deserted island which one food would you choose to have with you. Well, mine is peanut butter. No doubt, no question, no thinking it over…it’s peanut butter. I don’t think it’s a bad choice. You get protein, salty and sweet, all in one beautiful, crunchy package.
I have loved peanut butter as long as I can remember. While most of my friends were trying to sneak a piece of candy at home, I was busy trying to sneak a big spoonful of peanut butter. 😄 I don’t have to sneak peanut butter anymore, but I do admit that I eat it on a very regular basis.
So, needless to say, I love making peanut butter cookies! Luckily, the apples don’t fall from the tree and my kids love eating them too, along with Hubby. In fact, if I don’t claim my share of the cookies quickly, I’m a “cookie out of luck”. 😄
This is one of the many cookie recipes that I still use from my mom. Here you go…
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cream the butter and peanut butter.
- Add the sugar, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt and add a little at a time, blending well in between additions.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees, line your cookie sheets with parchment paper, and pour some granulated sugar into a pie plate or other shallow dish.
- Shape spoonfuls of dough into balls and roll in sugar before placing on cookie sheets.
- Press lightly with fork before baking.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Let cookies cool slightly before removing from cookie sheet. Makes about 5 dozen cookies.