What is your favorite kitchen tool🍴? It could be a typical kitchen tool or something that is not typically used in the kitchen.
I have lots of favorite kitchen tools and I will be sharing those in future posts, but today I am going to share my ultimate favorite kitchen tool.
Drum roll, here…it’s my pizza cutter! Yep. My simple little pizza cutter. I’ve have the same one for over 20 years and it still works great.
I bet you’re wondering why I chose my pizza cutter. Well, I use it for other things than just pizza. In fact, pizza is the food that I use it for the least.
I use my pizza cutter for several different things while cooking. Here’s my list:
- First and foremost…cutting pancakes. I learned over twenty years ago, with my first daughter, that cutting pancakes with a knife and fork for a hungry toddler was not going to work very well. I knew there had to be a more efficient way to cut her pancakes, so out of desparation one morning, I reached for the pizza cutter. Twenty-some years and three more kids later (and Lord only knows how many pancakes), I’m still cutting them this way.
- Grilled cheese sandwiches. I know a knife works just fine, but when I’m making 5-6 sandwiches at a time, it makes it so quick to cut them…just roll right down the middle.
- Quesadillas. See grilled cheese sandwiches. 😄
- Tortillas for home-baked tortilla chips. We love making homemade tortilla chips and the pizza cutter makes it a little quicker. I can cut through several tortillas at a time while making nice, even triangles.
- Pastry for “Slippery Pot Pie”. I make Pennsylvania Dutch Pot Pie and the best part of the dish is the pastry squares that cook like a dumpling in the soup. My pizza cutter makes cutting the squares after rolling the pastry so easy.
There you have it! My not-so-ingenious uses for my pizza cutter. I’m sure they’re nothing new, but I’m constantly learning new little tricks and thought I would share some of my tried-and-true tricks with you. Happy Pizza Cutting!! ❤️