Happy Independence Day! 🎉 We are very blessed to live in a country that allows us the freedom we have. 🇺🇸
I don’t know about you, but for me, an Independence Day meal isn’t complete without some kind of pasta or macaroni salad. It doesn’t matter what kind, just as long as I have pasta salad.
I love making pasta/macaroni salads because there is so much “freedom” in what you can do. Did you catch that? Okay, okay, I’ve amused myself, now back to what I was talking about. You can put all kinds of ingredients into a pasta salad and make it taste great. I have made so many different kinds because I, often times, use what’s left in the fridge or pantry.
I created this concoction from ingredients I had left over from a “Taco Tuesday” night 😄. I don’t measure ingredients for most dishes that aren’t baked goods, so the amounts are just an estimation. Use what “looks good” to you and have fun experimenting with your own concoction!
- 1 box any shape whole grain pasta
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 bag frozen corn
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1/2 container grape tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 jalapeño, minced
- 1 cup (approximately) mayonnaise, maybe more, remember the pasta will “soak up” the liquid while chilling so you want it to look like there’s a little too much
- Juice of 1 lime
- Cocula (season to your taste)
- Pepper (season to your taste)
- Start your pot of water to boil for pasta. Cook pasta just to “al dente”. This will help it hold up in the salad.
- Chop your vegetables while waiting for the pasta to cook.
- After your pasta is cooked and drained, add the corn, beans and veggies.
- Add the mayonnaise, lime juice, colcula and pepper. Stir carefully to mix.
- Store in a covered container and let chill in the fridge for several hours. Enjoy! ❤️