Hi there again! Well, I couldn’t stay away from the oven, despite our high temperatures! I just had to bake something.
Fortunately, I have a small countertop oven that doesn’t put off as much heat as a regular oven. It actually works very well for baked goods. Thank goodness I have it! The “regular” oven I have in the home we rent is a vintage (I guess that’s what you would call it 😄) over the stove model. I’m constantly adjusting the temperature dial and baking times depending upon the “mood” of the oven on any given day.
Baking the many dozens of Christmas cookies I bake every year has been an adventure the past two years! I’ve learned to start out at the recommended temperature and 1 minute less on the lowest recommended baking time and by the end of a four dozen batch, I’m usually down twenty-five degrees and at least two minutes. That’s the normal scenario. Then, we’ll have another day when something will take 10-15 minutes longer. Go figure! I’m just very grateful that it hasn’t just given out entirely.
Unfortunately, I can’t bake everything in my countertop due to pan size, but with this recipe I could. Yay!! I was able to set and bake without doing the “baking dance”! 👯
I’m not necessarily a “seasonal” type baker. I’ll make pumpkin bread in April and something “peachy” in December. But, for those of you that like to have baked goods that fit into the correct season, these would be great for fall and winter. So, yep, I’m posting it in June! No reason to procrastinate!
- 1 1/2 cups oats
- 2 2/3 cups flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 cup raisins
- Brown sugar for sprinkling
- Stir together dry ingredients.
- Add the eggs, milk, vanilla and oil and mix by hand.
- Fold in raisins. The batter will look like oatmeal.
- Scoop into greased mini loaf pan or muffin pan and sprinkle tops with brown sugar.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 22 minutes for the mini loaves and 15 minutes for regular-sized muffins. Makes approximately 10 mini loaves or 24 muffins.
These are great for giving a little gift at the office! Enjoy! ❤️