Blueberry season is here!! I love when blueberries and other typically more costly fruits are in season because the local grocery stores put them on sale for a great price. This gives me the opportunity to freeze some for later when they aren’t so affordable anymore.
It also gives us the opportunity to use something that is so high in nutritional value in our everyday recipes. That is what I have done here.
I found the recipe for the lemon bars on Pinterest (as usual 😊) and added some seasonal blueberries and YUM!! You could add any kind of berries or a mixture of berries as well.
These are so simple and light and cool for a summer desert.
- 1 can lemon pie filling
- 1 box single-step angelfood cake mix
- 1 small container fresh blueberries (frozen, fresh berries work as well)
- powdered sugar
- Stir pie filling and cake mix by hand in mixing bowl.
- Gently fold in blueberries.
- Pour mixture into a 10X13 baking pan sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar after cooled.
I prefer to store these in the refrigerator so we have a nice, cool desert. Enjoy ❤️