Hi there! Are you looking for a light and cool side dish for lunch or dinner during the warm months?
If you are, here you go! Marinated cucumbers are great during the summer for barbecues and potlucks.
They are so quick, easy and inexpensive to make. I always double the recipe because they last for days in the fridge. Just be sure to make them a little while ahead so they can cool and the flavors can marry.
- I cucumber, cut in half and sliced
- I onion sliced and separated into rings
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar (or sugar substitute, I use Splenda)
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- Combine the cucumber and onion in a covered container.
- Stir together the remaining ingredients and pour into the cucumber and onion.
- Cover and “swish” to mix and coat.
- Refrigerate for several hours before serving.
These are yummy, light and low in calories. Perfect for hot, summer days. 🌞